Monday, January 19, 2009

Dinos Alive Manila Tour

I learned about the Dinos Alive Manila tour even weeks before it open its doors to visitors. But we got really busy during the Christmas season shopping for gifts, wrapping them and putting gift card for all of them that it was only during the last week of the Dinos Alive tour in Manila that we were able to visit the theme park.

The night before I asked Bela is she wants to check out the dinosaurs. I was explaining to her that the dinosaurs will really be big (so at least she knows what to expect and she won’t get scared) and I asked her several times if she really wants to go and this is her answer:

Bela: “Yes, mommy. I want to see the dinosaurs. It is cool and fun.”




So after Bela’s class at Toddlers Unlimited last January 7, they fetched me at work and we fetched Howell before we proceed to the Dinos Alive theme park at Mall of Asia. Bela was really excited upon seeing the pictures of the dinosaurs found outside of the park. But as soon as we enter the park, she started to get scared a bit as it was dark (even I got scared as soon as we enter as the room was really dark and you can see life size dinosaurs just a few inches from you). But we still went inside as she started playing with the smaller dinosaurs. And then she saw the T-rex which was really so big and is making loud sounds and that is when she started to get really scared.

Bela: “We’re finish now, it is time to go out.”
Me: “Oh don’t be scared. They are just big toys.”
Bela: “I love toys, I love toys, I love toys.”
Me: “See. It is cool and fun right?”
Bela: “Yes, they are just toys with big batteries. I love toys, I love toys.”

She even posed in front of the T-rex after she kept on repeating her mantra. But then she saw Long neck which was really huge and really scary. So we hurriedly finished the tour and went out.

When I read the Dinos Alive advertisement, I never really imagined that it will be scary. Good thing Bela did not cry and she at least enjoyed the first part of the tour.

0 comments: