Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wireless LAN

Just last night, my sister discovered the capability of her mobile phone to access an internet. She asked the help of one of her classmate to activate the connection on her phone. Lucky for her, the availability of the internet through her mobile phone can now be used easily.

Because of this, she tried to connect on one of the wireless used cisco router that she spotted at her school library. She was then able to browse different sites and I was even able to chat with her online through the yahoo messenger.

When she told me about all these things, I was somehow amazed since I am not so aware with the different features of mobile phones. What matters most to me are the capabilities of my phone to make and receive text messages and phone calls. So I asked her if I can also have an internet access with the use of my mobile phone. She checked my phone to know if my phone does have this feature and yes, it does and then I asked her to teach me on how to use it. She organized my internet connection so I can have an access in some places where computers are not available.

0 comments: