Sunday, September 14, 2008

Good Fortune

Last time I was sent by the embassy for training in Canada, on my way back home I was granted the privilege to pass by at my cousins who where living in New York with their parents whom I have not seen in years. Everyone was filled with vibrant emotion, thrills and excitement as we came face to face to each other, chattering and exchanging lots of pleasantries. When the heat was over, cousin VJ who used to be my playmate before their migration invited me and her clan for a taste of eclectic New York cuisine.

We spent more tête-à-tête talk where I learned she works in one of Manhattan’s office as she drove our way to the restaurant. While I was enjoying the delicate food that was served, VJ and almost everyone continued to enchant me of the promise of proverbial pork jobs in Manhattan can provide if I decided to stay. Become part of the most sought and prestigious company is a rare opportunity I should not let go, they all uttered.

Recognizing the purity of their intention I replied with my great demeanor and explained that the visa I had was only good for a tourist entry. Lets just do it next time and let Manhattan waits, meanwhile let us enjoy the food.

0 comments: