Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year 2007

So how did we celebrate our New Year? Would you believe I was still at work Dec 31st? But we’re still lucky as we had an early closure so I was able to go home by 12 noon. I dropped by at Blumetritt after work to buy some fruits for our table (this has been a tradition of our family. For good luck daw).

Around 7 PM, we went to my grand mother’s house (which is just a couple pf blocks away from our house) as we will be celebrating New Year’s Eve there with my other relatives. We had dinner around 8 PM and after dinner, the kids (my couins and Bela) we’re busy playing with their new toys while the grown ups we’re either busy eating or watching TV. Howell needs to do a lay out of a tarpaulin for the debut that he will be covering on January 6 and a signature book for the wedding he will be covering on the 5th. These are all just special request (for the clients are both our friends), and so even though Howell knows that he is already press for time, he still gave in to his client’s request. I missed digi scrapping and since I don’t have anything else to do, I offered to help him do the 8x6 and 2x6 tarpaulin. So while waiting for the clock to strike at 12, I was busy doing the lay outs for the tarpaulin. And boy, I was proud of my finish product. (I must have missed digi-scrapping that much).

Bela fell asleep around 11 PM. And so when it was already 12 Am, I tried to wake her up but she was really tired already. We went home around 1 AM and Howell and I slept around 3:30 AM as we started doing the lay out naman for the Signature book.

The next day, Bela woke up late and so Howell and I we’re able to catch up some sleep. Today is Howell’s 32nd birthday. We don’t have anything extra special planned for his special day as our schedule is full with get together from both my family and Howell’s family. And besides, maarami ng handa sa bahay so sayang naman kung kakain pa kami sa labas. LOL. And we will just celebrate his birthday in Bohol and I know he is already happy with our gift for him (Do I sound defensive and guilty ba for not preparing anything for hubby? LOL). We started preparing around 10:30 AM as we will hit the road again to visit Howell’s family in QC. We left around 12 PM and since there is no traffic, we reached QC around 12:30 just in time for lunch. It was one quiet afternoon. After lunch, Bela watched the Cars movie from Disney Channel, while Howell and I tried to take a nap. We left around 3:30 PM as we will be meeting my relatives to go to Eternal gardens. It has been a tradition of my family na kse na we will all meet up at Eternal Gardens to visit our dearly departed relatives. We just had merienda there and some fireworks. The kids were busy playing while the grown ups were busy eating again. (Looks like all of us gained a few pounds during the Holiday Season). We left around 6:30 AM as it is dark already.

When we reached home, all of us we’re tired from all the holiday happenings but Bela was still full of energy. Howell and I we’re already sleepy but she still wants to play with us. Luckily she got tired after watching the movie Cars and so we all hit the sack by 10:30PM.

0 comments: