Wednesday, January 30, 2008

On Preschools

Bela will be 2.5 years old already come April so we’re already planning to send her to preschool this coming April for summer classes. At least I can gauge if she’s already ready for the regular class before we enroll her full time.

I have been checking the site of mom exchange, and based form the feedbacks shared by other mommies, below are the schools that I’m considering:

1. Toddlers Unlimited – heard good feedbacks about it but the closest branch to us is Makati which is still a little far from where we live. I like the schedule too – 3x a week, 10:30 – 12:30.

2. Explorations – really read a lot of good feedbacks from mommies who sent their kids here. The Directress is also from Ateneo, which is another plus factor. I also read stories shared by other mommies regarding the curriculum and I really like it since they really encourage the kids to explore.

Once negative thing that I don’t like about this school is that they already require a 5x a week schedule for Nursery. I’m still reluctant to the 5x a week schedule. Mandaluyong is still far from where we live and I don’t want Bela to travel everyday as this might tire her.

I also heard that tuition fees are a little steep here (90K) compared to other preschools that I’m considering.

Both schools are not in the Manila area so I’m still on the look out for a good preschool in the Manila area so Bela don’t have to travel for long hours everyday. I’ve seen the banners of Cambridge Child Development Center (Binondo & Banawe) and they look promising too. I also heard that Early Achievers in Binondo is also good. Both schools have a number of branches in the Pasig, QC and Makati area. Is its safe to assume that they are really good since it looks like they have high turn out of students since they have many branches?

I will try to make a school visit come second week of February. Hopefully I will be able to find a good school for Bela. Wish me luck guys.

9 comments:

Maybelle said...

hi abie! ive also been searching for a good toddler school for anton for some time now. i think we're just going with the little gym coz at least anton is familiar with the place, pwede si yaya magbantay sa labas and it's just just 5 mins. away from our house. ang hirap pumili no? now my problem is transpo since both of us work

abie said...

Hi Sis,

Bela also goes to Little Gym pero every Sunday lang sa El Pueblo. I'm interested with the Terrific Tots Program of LG pero I'm still looking for other preschool para may options kami.

Grabe, hirap pumili noh.

Take care sis

Jen said...

Hi Abie! A friend's son also went to Little Gym El Pueblo and they liked it enough to recommend it. Only problem for us is the long drive, since we live in Divisoria. I've been to Cambridge and Sacred Heart in Binondo. They look ok, but Cambridge offers 3x a week schedules for toddlers, while Sacred Heart doesn't. Willy and I were also thinking of bringing Belle for a trial class next week. San banda ang Early Achievers?

abie said...

Hi Jenny,

Bela is also enrolled in LG at El Pueblo pero yung every Sunday na class lang since malayo nga sa atin.

I'm looking for a nice school sa Manila area pero can;t find any feedbacks from other mommies about the schools in Manila & QC that I'm considering.

3x a wekk na schedule pa lang ang hinahanap ko kse baka naman mabigla si Bela pag everyday na kaya I like Cambridge. Early Achivers, 5x a week na sila eh. I haven't visited their school pero here is their address and contact number:

532 Tomas Mapua St., Sta. Cruz Binondo
(02) 734-3988

Good luck sa school hunting natin.

Peachy said...

abie, buti mauuna si bela mag school hehehe.. sayo ako ask feedbacks since we both live in the same area. Kkung may 3x a week ung cambridge, ok na nga yun:) try mo na visit.. goodluck ah!

Apols said...

dami good feedbacks sa cambridge :) eto ba ung ka branch sa makati meron din daw sa serendra =)

abie said...

Hi Peachy,

Itago ko lahat ng maipon kong details ng mga pre-school para ipasa ko sayo. I'm eyeing TU and Cambdrige na nga eh. Hopefully, maging ok mga trial class namin with them para di na kami mahirapan pang maghanap ng ibang pre-school. Hirap din kse I have to take a leave para makapag school visit kami.

Hi Apols,

Sa Banawe ako inquire pero ska branch nya yung sa Makati, Serendra, Valle Verde. Iniisip ko nga since marami sila branch, does it mean, magandang school talaga sila.

Iba iba pala tuition ng Camdridge depende sa location. Sa Serendra ata nasa 180K tapos sa Valle verde ata cheaper lang nag kaunti sa Serendra.

Buti na lang di ganon kamahal sa Cambrdige sa Banawe.

sweetytots said...

hi,

im looking for preschool too. and i stuble on ur blog. Im thinking of TU, if you dont mind? can I ask how much is the fee for 2x a week only. Im also considering gymboree, have you checked it? My daughter is 2.5yrs old.

tnx! hope to hear from you...

joh said...

hello mommies!!

my daughter is 2yrs & 5mo. and she goes to cambridge in binondo. so far so good, i like it!! she likes it too!! :) okay curriculum nila. teachers are great!! they also have a 30-min chinese class.

for toddler class they offer 3x a week, meron din 5x a week. they also offer 2 time slots (if im not mistaken) i took the 10:30am 3x a week class, the other one is 8 or 8:30am ata. since we live in malate, near dlsu. medjo malayo layo din. but convenient somehow because my office is just in quintin paredes. so we go to binondo the same time, then i drop her off. then pick her up at 12:30pm, then ask the driver to bring her home.

and major concern ko lang sa cambridge, the school is kind of small. medjo nadidistract other students especially pag umiiyak, maririnig lahat. they only have "fence" or whatever u call that, that acts as divider for the classes/rooms.

right now, im looking for a bigger school, kaso lang wala akong mahanap around binondo na at least 9-9:30am start ng class. teachers assessed my daughter, shes ready for nursery na daw. which starts at 8:30am 5x a week. i dont think kaya namin yan.. any suggestions? :)

fyi, they have different rates pala. banawe, binondo, fort.. like for summer class nila. sa banawe nag inquire ako, from april 1-30 P8000. then sa binondo my daughter started april 13 na tpos til May 2. fee was P8500++.