Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bela and her Grand Dad

I made a post here before about my problem with Bela when it comes to brushing her teeth. After her first visit to the dentist, she got really traumatized that she doesn’t want us to touch her teeth. So every time we asked her to brush her teeth, we are really having a hard time asking her to do it.

But I am glad she got over her fear of brushing her teeth. Thanks to her Leap Pad book that has a picture of a toothbrush and if she touched the picture, it will make a gargling and a brushing sound. So every time it is teeth brushing time, we just have to show her, her leap pad book and let her touch the toothbrush so it will make a sound and she will brush her teeth afterwards.

She is due for another fluoride application which means we need to visit her dentist again but now I am thinking twice as she might get traumatized again specially now that she just overcome her fear.

Thank goodness at least I have one less think to be worried about as I have some issues with my dad. I am starting to get worried about him since he is cranky and not in the mood most of the time. Since he is used to working, maybe he is just getting bored now that he is retired. My brother and I don’t know hot to cheer him up. We are thinking of giving him wine of the month club membership, or giving him and my mom an out of town vacation. My brother also sent our van for repair and once it is up and running again, maybe my dad can use it to earn a little and to keep him busy.

Oh well, I just hope my dad will feel much better soon.

0 comments: