Saturday, December 20, 2008

Flower Girl to be

I made a post on my other blog about the upcoming wedding of my brother. Of course, Bela will be one of the flower girls and being the stage mom that I am, I can’t help but be excited as early as now about the wedding. She will be four year old by then so she might walk the aisle on her own and I can imagine her to be the cutest flower girl (of course, you should love your own. LOL).

I am excited too for this wedding, because finally after more than a decade of going out with his now fiancé, my brother finally decided to tie the knot. And since I have been a hands on bride when I prepared for our wedding three years ago, I will give them some unsolicited advice which I have learned when we are preparing for our wedding.

1. Do scout around for suppliers. Don’t book right away a supplier and check out feedbacks from their previous clients first before booking them to be sure that they can deliver on your wedding.
2. Don’t let others influence you about your wedding. Your wedding should be about the two of you so everything that makes up your wedding should be about the two of you.
3. Try getting wholesale flowers instead of getting a local florist. I assure you that it will be more affordable but at the same time the flowers will be delivered fresh and beautiful on your wedding day.
4. Hire a wedding coordinator or if you don’t have a budget for a wedding coordinator, assign someone from your family or your entourage to manage the event so you don’t have to worry on the day of your wedding.
5. And lastly, the day before your wedding, let go. Stop worrying about the little things because the most important thing is you will be marrying the person that you love the most.

0 comments: