Monday, February 11, 2008

2nd School Stop: Cambridge Child Development Center – Banawe

Both Bela and I didn’t like Cambridge. It offers the same curriculum and method as Toddlers Unlimited so they almost have the same daily routines in class. It is the classroom facility of Cambridge that I didn’t like.

The toddler class and the nursery class are housed in the same room and they are only separated by chest-high dividers. So it can be really noisy specially if they are doing some singing and group activities because you can hear what the other class is doing. And Bela was really distracted by the noise and so at the middle of the class (right after the group singing activity) she started to become cranky and is asking me to take her out.

Plus there are no windows where I can peep through to see what’s going on inside the classroom. Not like in Toddlers Unlimited where there are glass window where I can easily see how Bela is doing. And also, Bela doesn’t like it when the room is like that. Maybe she is claustrophobic. That’s why she really started to be cranky and is always pointing at the door as she really, really wanted to be out of the room.

Honestly, I got a little bored with the class. I too, wanted to go out and was tempted not to finish the class. Pero nahiya naman ako sa teacher. So kailangan kong utuin si Bela para wag mag toyo. Good thing I was able to make her stay until after snack time. Since they will just have a practice for their March presentation after snack time, I asked for Teacher Grace’s permission if we can go out already since Bela is already feeling cranky.

I still inquired for the fees from the school administrator even if I’m not to keen in considering the school. Their tuition fee is almost P6, 000 per month for 5x a week class.

The only plus point that they have against TU is they have Chinese lesson integrated with their curriculum but I’m still not sure if this is really a plus point for us since we are not Chinese.

I read some goof feedbacks about Cambridge. But it’s really true that it is important to try to attend a trial class and visit the school because that is the only way to gauge how my daughter will react to the environment.

0 comments: