Sunday, February 10, 2008

Nanay – Tatay – Mommy – Daddy

When I was still pregnant with Bela, Howell and I discussed how we would like our baby to call us. I want to be called Mommy while Howell wants to be called Tatay. So I told him, our baby will call us Mommy & Tatay then. But he didn’t like the idea because he reasoned out that our baby might get confuse. So I have to give in and we decided that our baby will call us Nanay & Tatay.

So we have been calling each other Nanay and Tatay and when Bela was born, that is what we introduce to her. But when Bela started to talk, she started calling us mom and dad instead. Maybe, that’s what she always hear from the DVDs and TV programs that she was watching.

And so Howell can’t do anything and from then on, we switched from nanay-tatay to mom (mommy) and dad (daddy).

0 comments: