Sunday, March 09, 2008

On Getting Hurt

Today at the gym, Bela accidentally hit the door when she was able to let go from her dad and she ran so fast that she was not able to control her speed and she hit the side of the door. She now has a scratch on her cheek. I was at first mad at Howell because he was the one inside the gym with Bela. But I realized the same thing could have happened if I was the one inside. I kept on looking at Bela’s scratch on her cheek and I was really worried that it might leave a mark or something. But Howell kept on reassuring me that it’s just a scratch and in just a few days, it will disappear, and that I should stop worrying because it’s all part of growing up. And Bela didn’t even mind the scratch or she really didn’t get hurt and didn’t even cry.

Maybe I should always remember the Nido commercial, every time I see the scratch on Bela’s face.

“Mom, I’m sorry I got stinky, I got dirty. But see mom, I learned.”

3 comments:

jan celiz-magtoto said...

hubby & i looove that ad, esp when this kid with the orange shirt sort of winked when he said "sorry na hah..." oooh, i wanna have my own kiddo. anyway, abie dear, i totally agree with howell. it's part of growing up. sometimes kids have to go through some pain, because the real world is about getting hurt & standing up from it. that's what i tell my pamangkins too. we can't allow them to be too sheltered.=)

Ozzy's Mom said...

i love that add! as well..:D yah, its right, we should learn to let go of our children so that they will learn..

hindi naman maganda kung sobrang pampered..bka masali sa gucci gang!
ahaha

abie said...

hi jan & vannie,

yup, na realize ko nga hindi naman din maganda na masyadong pampered ang mga bata...

cute ng ad na yun ng nido no?

hapy weekend mga sis