Monday, November 17, 2008

Bela’s 3rd Bday @ Hospicio de San Jose


Yesterday we had a small party at the Hospicio de San Jose to celebrate Bela’s 3rd birthday. It is a Thanksgiving celebration as how my husband puts it.

I just ordered food from Jollibee for a simple merienda and I hired a magician this time to add entertainment for the kids. Of course, Jollibee mascot (who never ceases to please the kids) is present in the party also. The magician performed first then the host from Jollibee conducted some games for the kids before serving merienda. Then all the kids joined in to sing the happy birthday song for Bela. Two kids performed a song number and Bela joined them in singing. The party ended with the thank you song sang by all the kids who joined the party.

This is our second year to celebrate Bela’s birthday at Hospicio and I am glad to see familiar faces that were present during Bela’s party last year. My heart was full of joy upon seeing the kids having a great time. I was deeply touched while I was watching one 9 year old girl who was helping a younger kid eat before she ate her food. I even offered to help her feed the younger kid so she can eat but she said that she is ok. Moments like this makes me really realize that there are still unselfish people out there who would think of others first before themselves.

I was glad while looking at the pictures since I think they really enjoyed having us visit them. If only I can bring all of them home…

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hi... im planning to celebrate my baby boy's 1st birthday at the Hospicio de San Jose. i just want to know how much will it cost for a small party.

tnx